Our client is a Japanese company, active worldwide and searching for a Senior Salesperson for Polymers and Additives to enter their European division within the Italian branch.
The ideal candidate has the following requirements:
1. Degree in Chemistry, Physics, or Materials Sciences;
2. Proven experience (3/4 years) as Salesperson, gained in international companies belonging to the chemical sector and operating in the production and distribution of polymers and additives;
3. Good knowledge of the Italian market of polymers and additives and excellent technical knowledge of the chemical industry;
4. Ability to establish effective, durable and constructive relationships;
5. Excellent communicational and organizational skills;
6. Excellent ability to analyze and evaluate commercial opportunities, solid experience and commercial intuition and deep knowledge of sales techniques;
7. Strong focus on the commercial activity, attitude to work in short times and with a goal-oriented methodology and highly proactive;
8. Entrepreneurial attitude, desire of professional growth together with the company's development, passion for his own work and strong orientation to customers and to outcomes;
9. Proven ability to work under the pressure and in a multicultural environment;
10. Strong team player but still a self-starter;
11. Excellent use of MS Office, and specifically Excel;
12. Native Italian speaker, fluent in English (to be used on a daily base);
13. Availability to travel (about 50% of the time or more) nationally and, sometimes, internationally
The ideal candidate will autonomously perform the following activities:
Reach country sales and profit margin targets;
Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement with clients;
Development of the overall existing business, managing and optimizing current business accounts and identifying and developing new business opportunities;
Develop and implement performance tracking metrics to track, control and support all sales, business development and customer service activities.
Relate to suppliers and buyers and respond to inquiries.
Take part to customer engagement actions such as site visits and participation in local fairs or exhibitions;
Report monthly sales execution to the management;
Report on market trends in the country and provide insight into competitive activities;
Other activities related to the role.
Area of domicile/residence: Milan or surrounding areas.
Workplace: Milan, with availability to travel
Indicative allocation and salary: permanent contract, CCNL Commercio, livello I. Salary will be defined according to the chosen candidate experience and expectation.