Come superare un colloquio in inglese? Scopri come scrivere un CV efficace e come preparare e sostenere un colloquio di lavoro in inglese.
This course is designed to meet the needs of anyone preparing for a job application in English. The training sessions give participants detailed techniques for confidently handling the entire job search process within an international work placement context.
- Structuring an effective English CV
- Writing a powerful cover letter in English
- Preparing yourself for a successful job interview
- Selling yourself at best on the job market
Professionals looking for new job opportunities in an international work environment.
Structuring your CV
- CV format and structure: CV template, guide and examples
- Focusing on must-have sections: how to highlight your strengths
- ‘Less is more’: what you should leave off your CV
- Resume keywords by industry: how to survive resume robots (Applicant Tracking Systems - ATS)
- CV vs. Resume in the US: which one is more appropriate to use?
- Academic CV vs. Professional CV
Writing a Cover Letter
- Cover letter format and structure: cover letter template, guide, and examples
- From templating to tailoring: how to tailor your cover letter to each job application
- Different kinds of cover letters (e.g., application cover letter, cold cover letter, career change cover letter, prospecting cover letter, networking cover letter)
- Editing & proofreading: tips & tools to check for spelling and grammar
Facing a Job Interview
- Looking at different types of interviews: face-to-face, video call, individual interview, group interview, assessment centre, role-play interview etc.
- The recruitment process: how to handle the different stages
- Interview investigation: pre-interview research and preparation
- How to answer ‘Tell me about yourself’: dos and don’ts, tips, and examples for introducing yourself
- The Job interview script: most common questions and best answers
- Focus: How to answer tricky interview questions: dos and don’ts, tips and examples (e.g., 'Where do you see yourself in X years’, ‘Why should we hire you’ etc.)
- Personal SWOT analysis and Personal Value Proposition (PVP) for your career strategy
- Mastering technical vocabulary
- Communication skills: verbal, paraverbal, and nonverbal communication
- Asking questions: appropriate and inappropriate topics
Personal Branding & Net Reputation
- Introduction: how your social media & online reputation impacts hiring decisions
- How to improve your digital identity
- How to create an effective LinkedIn profile
- Tips to build your professional network on LinkedIn
- Job search channels
- Job seeking tips and techniques
- LinkedIn tips and tricks for job search success
- Developing a comprehensive job search plan
- CV and cover letter writing
- Role-playing: job interview simulation